Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It must have been a dream

I guess I had a strange dream last night, but I don't remember it. I woke up at the intersection of anxiety and depression this morning, with an odd feeling of foreboding.

Of course, the odd feeling could be coming from hubby landing a freelance job that will bring in some much-needed cash. My experience is that when we have a windfall of cash, the crisis that eats it up is hot on the heels of the deposit slip. So, what's it this time, car breakdown? Major illness or injury?

Now, don't go calling me Mrs. Gloom and Doom. I have several dozen years of experience of windfall-then-crisis behind me. I'm quite resigned to never having quite enough to make all the bills, meet all the expenses and have enough left over to be comfy, even for one paycheck. It's not somewhere I like to live, particularly, but there I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been there, the intersection of anxiety and depression. It's not one of my favorite places, though.

Maybe in this case the crisis came first, and the windfall is God's provision for the crisis.

Praying for you!

HEY! My secret captcha code is my Meiers-Briggs type with an extra letter tacked on to one end! WEIRD!