Tuesday, July 22, 2008

There's a first time for everything.

Well, this is a new one. Hubby was laid off yesterday. That's never happened to either of us before. It wasn't personal, the company laid off 10% of its workforce. Even hubby's boss was forced into an early retirement.

We're okay for now, they gave him a small severance package that will last us for a couple months if we are very careful. But there is so much to do. There's only one other company in our state that does what he does, and they had layoffs about six months ago.

There's a new job to find, and almost certainly a move to get ready for. I'm kind of in a spin right now. I was going to break out the canner and canning jars to put up tomatoes today, but instead it looks like I'll be taking a notebook through the house and taking notes on what needs to be done. We've never sold a house before, so there's homework in addition to housework.

It's all in God's timing, that's for certain. We weren't totally surprised by this, the company has been showing signs of decline for a while now. And we'll be fine, the Lord has confirmed that we are in the palm of His hand and in the apple of His eye.

But, there it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! (((((hugs)))))

UnschoolingMama said...

I was reading this blog the other day, searching to find the owner's profile not realizing that this was my old friend.

I am praying for you all, and so glad I can "catch up" again with you.

Love,
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying you have wisdom in what to do.